Sunday 8 July 2012

World Zombie Day 2011

Here are some pictures from World Zombie Day which took place back on October 2011. World Zombie Day is a pub crawl in London where everyone involved is dressed as zombies. As you can imagine it was a lot of fun and I went with Dave and his brother, Patrick. 



So here's Dave's make-up first:
This is towards the end of the day and as you can see the edges of the latex are rolling up and are visible.
 Dave wanted a half face burn/over the eye wound, so that's what I attempted. I made the piece to go over his eye out of liquid latex and toilet paper. I made it on my thigh and then transferred it to his face, sticking it down with more liquid latex (I've since learned I probably should have used a better adhesive, maybe prosaide or spirit gum). It was then coloured with Kryolan Supracolors with various bloods being used as well, including scab blood.

This is Patrick's make-up:

 I worked on the idea that Patrick was attacked (by zombies) whilst riding his bike and this only came about because we hadn't really thought about what to do with him costume wise and then Patrick realised he had a Hi Vis vest and a cycle helmet in his car. I wanted it to seem as if he had scraped his face along the ground in the attack but this didn't really come across properly in the make-up.
Once again, this is towards the end of the night - the edges have been better.
 I wasn't as happy with this make-up as I would of like to have been, it kind of looks quite messy and the blood is starting to look a bit bean-juicy. I wanted it to seem as if his skull was showing through but this didn't really work out. Again I used liquid latex and toilet paper to construct the wound and Kryolan Supracolors. Various bloods including fresh scratch to try and look like scrapes.

My make-up:
After making up Dave and Patrick I realised I hadn't figured out what I was going to do for myself. I had given no thought to my costume whatsoever and we only had 30 minutes before we had to leave. I remembered that we had a Count Duckula costume somewhere leftover from a fancy dress party and decided that that would do. With little time I just made up my eyes a little bit (with Kryolan Supracolors) and tried to make it look as if a chunk of skin from my cheek was hanging off.

This is what I ended up looking like - I think we can all agree that this could be a hell of a lot better!




All in all it was a good day and I received some great comments about Dave and Patrick's make-up, also people kept stopping them so they could take pictures. I can't wait until this year's WZD and I am planning costumes and make-up already...TO BE CONTINUED (in October time)

No comments:

Post a Comment