Friday 21 September 2012

Autumn



There’s a chill in the air and the nights are slowly but surely drawing in. The changing seasons make almost every cell in my body tingle with excitement as I anticipate the sound of stepping on the first crunchy brown leaf.

Ok, so autumn is here and although I may have expressed it in a slightly wanky way (see above) the long and short is that I’m excited. Autumn has always been my favourite season, even when I was a child. I always feel like there’s a sense of mystery and potential in the air.

When I lived with my mum (only up until I was 9 years old - due to problems that I may or may not mention at a later time) she would take me "trick or treating" every year. And every year it would rain. I remember getting so excited about sorting out my costume and make up and I’d get a little bit upset that it never looked how I saw it in my head. I miss those times, when there was magic in the air, along with the rain and I was just another kid dressed up for Halloween and on those nights I never worried about a thing. Halloween is, and always has been more important to me than Christmas – I’m not sure what that says about me…

Of course it’s no coincidence that the start of autumn means that Halloween and World Zombie Day are just around the corner and of course I’m busy thinking about what to do costume wise for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment